From an exciting idea to a worldwide operation
NetClean has proved it possible to turn a strong idea into a global activity, in just a few years.
In 2003, the entrepreneur Christian Berg together with three colleagues, founded the technology development company NetClean, with an idea to make use of the latest technical inventions to stop the spread of child sexual abuse material. The idea received a strong response, which quickly led to support from the World Childhood Foundation and a dialogue with the National Police, and Interpol.
In recent years, developments in IT and social media has accelerated significantly, which further has increased the focus on the company: Currently NetClean's products have millions of users worldwide.
- Law Enforcement in more than 30 countries uses NetClean Analyze to conduct their investigations.
- Partnership with Microsoft Digital Crimes Unit is established.
- NetClean becomes sales teaming partner with McAfee.
- Immix Group and NetClean establish a partnership.
- Cooperation with the university Ecole Polytechnique, Montreal is initiated.
- Opens an office in the UK.
- Wins the awards in the categories ”Security Company of the year” and ”Security product of the year”, at the Security Awards in Sweden.
- Launch of NetClean ProActive Appliance.
- Mauritius chooses WhiteBox to block child sexual abuse country for the country.
- Macnica Networks introduces NetClean in Japan.
- First global customer with installation in over 100 countries.
- Is nominated one of Europe’s fastest growing technology companies with a growth of 3,110 percent the last five years. (Deloitte Technology Fast 500 EMEA)
- Official cooperation with Interpol is presented.
- Participates in the EU-project FIVES.
- NetClean Analyze is launched.
- Receives the highest possible creditworthiness, AAA, from Soliditet.
- New Zeeland chooses WhiteBox to block child abuse country for the country.
- Participates on Interpol’s yearly conference.
- Nominated as the fasted growing technology company in Sweden. (Deloitte Technology Fast 50, Sweden).
- NetClean WhiteBox is launched together with TeliaSonera International Carrier.
- NetClean is introduced in Denmark, Switzerland and New Zeeland.
- Launch of NetClean ProActive.
- Telia Sonera installs ProActive.
- The development of NetClean ProActive starts.
- Cooperation with World Childhood Foundation is initiated.
- NetClean Technologies is founded.